The Consulting Club
The Consulting Club of IIM Indore was established in January 2004 to explore and further the student community’s interests in consulting. All its activities are designed to provide platforms for students to interact with academia and industry professionals and develop an understanding of the consulting domain, thereby enhancing their readiness for a career in management consulting.The club has four cornerstone activities:
- Live Projects - Consulting club offers opportunities to students to work with the industry professionals on real business cases. This gives the students a live exposure to the business problems.
- Events - The club conducts consulting related events and quizzes to help students hone their consulting acumen. These activities help students gauge their consulting acumen as well learn from their co-participants.
- Industry Workshops – The club invites industry leaders to share their experiences and interact with the students. These talks enable students to keep pace with the latest industry trends, know about the softer aspects of consulting and network with the speakers.
- Building Knowledge Center – The members interact and work with the esteemed faculty of IIM Indore and mentors of the club and publish articles and reports. Apart from that members also write blogs on varied topics so as to build a strong knowledge base of club which is leveraged during live projects.
Consulting Club at IIM Indore has gained abundant experience in carrying out problem solving as well as fundamental consulting work. Our activities cover almost the entire range of services and the same has helped us become highly comprehensive and robust in our approach.Moreover, we do not believe in simply delivering one time reports or analysis. We follow what we popularly call as the “Rolling Concept”. Once a report is done, we continue our research on the topic and any important updates are compiled and sent to the client.
State-of-the-art Infrastructure, a repository of all the major journals and databases and a highly experienced Faculty members (who themselves consult corporates) makes the Consulting Club in specific and IIM Indore in general an ideal fit for collaboration.
The Club aims to explore and enhance the student community’s interest in the consulting domain by providing them various avenues to interact and learn from academia and industry stalwarts. The club uses various activities like live projects, simulation games, events/workshops to develop the problem analyzing and problem solving skills of the participants and prepare them for a career in Consulting.
- To create and maintain a long term relationship with the Consulting firms and to increase the visibility of IIM Indore in the Consulting industry
- Provide the students access to best resources pertaining to management consulting
- To deliver relevant knowledge and skill building opportunities to the students necessary for a building a successful consulting career
- To assist clients by providing specialized advisory and consulting services and garner support and appreciation from various industries